Hello again everyone ! It’s Saturday in Lakewood and I’m back in your inbox to update you on all the big stuff happening in town.
But first, today’s weather:
Nice with lots of sun. High: 62 Low: 46.
📢 I am looking for business owners and marketers in Lakewood who want to get noticed, connect with customers and increase sales.
I have a limited number of sponsorships available to introduce our Lakewood Daily readers to local businesses they need to know about. If this is you, then I urge you to learn more and secure your place now.
Here are Lakewood’s top three stories today:
- On Friday, the Cuyahoga County Board of Elections provided an update on early voting. The update was provided by Cuyahoga County Board of Elections Director Anthony W. Perlatti. The purpose of the update was to dispel election myths surrounding county curbside ballot boxes and in-person early voting. Click to watch the full update. (Cleveland 19)
- The Lakewood Police Department will be hosting a Coffee With A Cop event on Friday, November 18. The Lakewood community will be able to ask neighborhood officers questions over coffee. This event aims to strengthen the relationship between the department and the residents it is meant to serve. Coffee With A Cop will take place from 10:00 a.m. to noon at the Cove Community Center. (Town of Lakewood)
- Voters in Cuyahoga County will answer a question on ballots for a proposed $2.7 million property tax increase. The funds will be used by Cleveland Metroparks for maintenance, educational programs, public safety and park access. The tax increase is “Issue 5” on the general election ballot for Cuyahoga County voters. (News 5 Cleveland)
Today in Lakewood:
- Collection of LECPTA children’s books At Lakewood High School (9:00 a.m.)
From my notebook:
- The Lakewood Trick or Cure will be Monday from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Please be extra careful when driving during this time. (Town of Lakewood)
- Lakewood Veterans Day Ceremony is scheduled for November 11 at 11 a.m. at Lakewood Park. Mark your calendar. (Town of Lakewood)
- The Town of Lakewood is currently recruiting for a variety of vacancies such as Sewer Maintenance Crew and Plant Attendant. Click for the full list of open positions. (Town of Lakewood)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
You are now in the loop and ready to start this Saturday on the right foot! I’ll be back in your inbox Monday morning with a new update.
— Sean Peek
About me: Sean Peek is a writer and entrepreneur with an English Literature degree from Weber State University. Over the years, he has worked as a writer, editor, SEO specialist and marketing manager for various digital media companies. He is currently the co-owner and operator of content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.