Good Friday, neighbors! Here’s a look at everything that happened today in and around Shrewsbury.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Sunny to partly cloudy. High: 63 Low: 48.
Here are the best stories in Shrewsbury today:
- Shrewsbury Financial Center is changing its name (Worcester Business Journal)
- Several movements performed in the Worcester cafe scene (Worcester Patch)
- “We really love tacos”: A couple from Worcester followed their passion during the pandemic to open The Taco Spot (MassLive.com)
- Liquefied natural gas facility may soon arrive in County Worcester (Worcester Patch)
- Loretta Campbell, 98, of Shrewsbury (Community advocate)
- Blackstone Valley Tech Presents ‘Dine and Do Good’ Fundraising Program (Millbury-Sutton Chronicle)
- Table Hoppin ‘: Local chefs found inspiration and family at Castle Restaurant (Worcester Mag)
- Town of Shrewsbury: Notice of Intent to Adjust Quorum Requirements at Special Town Meeting on October 18, 2021 (Press Releases Office)
Today’s Shrewsbury Daily is brought to you by our friends at Verizon. They are building the fastest 5G network in the country. To find out how 5G will change the lives of you and your community – and gain access to this amazing technology – Click here. And thank you Verizon for sponsoring this community resource in Shrewsbury!
Today in Shrewsbury:
- Shrewsbury Public Facilities: âTonight’s Food Truck lineup: @saycheesefoodtrailer @potatopotatoft @shishkaberrysne @konaice 4pm to 8pm at Town Hall. “(Instagram)
- Shrewsbury Public Library: âHello everyone! We are delighted to announce that Miss Diana will now be broadcasting TWO in-person baby books and bubbles on Wednesdays, one at 10 a.m. and the other at 11 a.m. Please collect your family’s token no earlier than 30 minutes prior. the start of. ..” (Facebook)
- Worcester County Food Bank: “New survey highlights the many reasons people struggle to find enough healthy and culturally appropriate food for themselves and their families, including lack of access to government program, difficulty asking for ugly, …” (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
You are now in the know and ready to go out this Friday. See you tomorrow for another update! If you like these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to follow. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Neal mcnamara
About me: Patch reporter covering Framingham, Worcester, Milford, Marlborough, Natick, Wayland and Sudbury. Contact me at [email protected] or on Twitter, @Neal_McNamara.
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Shrewsbury Daily? Email me at [email protected]